Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Handmade envelopes in an envelope swap – postmark by October 6th


Here's a quick and easy new swap
(thanks, Gina, for the suggestion)

Make five envelopes – any size.  Put them in a big envelope and mail them to me.  You will get five different envelopes in return that can you use to mail fabulous letters, or tuck in your journal to hold treasures. 

Ideas:  use old calendars, maps, sturdy magazine pages, scrapbook paper, your own painted papers.  Embellish them a bit – tape, stamps, collage, stickers, paint. 

A huge number of links to templates and tutorials can be found here.

 Stick a little note or business card inside each envelope with your name and contact info so that the recipients know who made each envelope.

Include Postage:
Before you seal your big envelope, go to the post office and find out how much it’s going to cost to mail it.  Include that many stamps or that much cash in the envelope, or send me that amount of money via paypal. 

Include an address label with your name and address (so I can stick it on the envelope I’ll be sending you and not have to hand write everyone’s address.  It’s a huge help and time saver for me!)

Get it in the mail to me by October 6th.
Karen Isaacson
PO Box 532
Shrewsbury MA 01545
United States

(and hey - look to your right - I put up a little survey to see what other kinds of swaps you want to do.  Take a minute to vote.  Thanks)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess I didn't read far enough, yup this will be great! Something to do this weekend.....xox

Tammy said...

How fun! Looking forward to the swap!

Anne's Mail said...

Hey Karen, this one isn't listed under the "Open Swaps" yet.

I love the envelope idea - hopefully I'll be able to get my act together in time to participate!

dori said...

mailing mine out to you tomorrow. xo

Mandy Fariello aka FarStarr said...

Yup...believe it..I messed up another swap. I swear I am not this flighty in real life...I hurried up to get my envelopes out to the mailbox this morning and forgot to put my contact info in the envelopes....making you those pieces now...Duh..

Post a Comment