Friday, January 31, 2014

Random Acts of Mail Art Kindness - part 4


Our random acts of mail art kindness series continues with these lovely contributions.

Here's the card and story from Judith:
I'm going to send this card to people who befriended us last year when we spent a month in Venice, Florida. It wasn't a hardship but the "befriending" still made an enormous contribution to my happiness. It turned out I had some experience that was relevant to a project these new friends were working on, so we had a lovely exchange. This winter, I'm remembering them and saying thank you. The card didn't take long to make, but I love how it came out. Drugstore disposable cameras are overwhelmed by the bright light of the tropics, and the results are sometimes very interesting.


Terrie made a batch of Valentine's day postcards for children who are hospitalized.  (read more about the project here.)  She wants to remind you that you still have time to join this great cause!



3 comments:

karenm said...

Love Terrie's cards! They have such a happy and bright energy, sure to delight. What a wonderful project! Judith's post is a good reminder for me to reuse things that don't turn out quite how I expected--as well as to write thank yous consistently. The RAK series are some of my favorite posts! Thank you for posting, Karen.

Anonymous said...

These are lovely. We don't do Valentines in a big way in the UK and I think its a shame. I think this is a lovely idea for children in the hospital.

Unknown said...

All the more reason to start a "counter culture" revolution. Make up a bunch, and surprise someone. Maybe the tradition will take hold across the pond there, and history will remember you as the instigator!

I think that one year early in elementary school, the teacher gave us "art time" and we construction-papered and glued our own cards.. But for sure, in later years, everyone gave store-bought valentines, which were okay, but not as fun.

I do love the idea of "handmades," even though the red/pink/white heart card is somewhat cliche, and thus "dead" artistically. Nevertheless, I find the same charm in the tradition as I do the old "string popcorn and cranberry" Christmas tree garland. Some things never get old.

Post a Comment